Anderson Professional Development Services
Deciding on a career path can be exciting and also a little daunting. Your career services team is here to help you every step of the way. No matter what stage you're at in your journey, you'll find everything you need to take the nail the interview, get the promotion, or launch your career.
- Student PIRGs Info Session: Internships in Social ChangeWED, DEC 1, 2021, 4:00 PM (Virtual Session)
The Student PIRGs are an organization that trains students to run strategic campaigns to protect the environment, make college more affordable, and promote civic engagement. They have remote and in person internships and volunteer opportunities where students can learn valuable organizing and activist skills to make a difference on issues that the students care about on their campuses.More Information...
- Professional Development Walk-In HoursTHU, DEC 2, 2021, 4:30 PM (Zoom)Meet with an Anderson Professional Development Advisor for help on resumes, cover letters, presentation best practices, interview skills, and other topics to put you ahead in your career.Zoom link: https://unm.zoom.us/j/91936195840
- Undergraduate Professional Development Walk-In HoursFRI, DEC 3, 2021, 9:00 AM (McKinnon Center for Management Advisement Center (MCM 1030))Meet with an Anderson Professional Development Advisor for help on resumes, cover letters, presentation best practices, interview skills, and other topics to put you ahead in your career.
- Virtual Internships with Stockman Kast Ryan Information SessionWED, DEC 8, 2021, 1:00 PM (Virtual Meeting)
Join us for this virtual session to learn about the CPA firm Stockman Kast Ryan located in Colorado Springs and about their Virtual Tax Internship Program! The Tax Internship program is designed to provide a fulfilling educational experience for Junior and Senior undergraduate students. Interns will have the opportunity to obtain a general understanding of the tax function while preparing U.S. Federal income tax returns.
***RSVP for this event and obtain the virtual meeting link by emailing UNM Career Services Employer Relations Specialist, Victoria Kirikos, at firstname.lastname@example.org***More Information...
- Stockman Kast Ryan - Career Consultation (Phone Call or Virtual)FRI, DEC 10, 2021, 10:00 AM (Virtual or Phone)Stockman Kast Ryan will be conducting (virtual) career consultations with any interested students and alumni on Friday, December 10th from 10:00am - 12:00pm MDT. A career consultation is a 15-minute phone conversation with Stockman Kast Ryan's, Director of Growth, Marjorie Noleen, designed to give students interested in a career with the firm a deeper glimpse into its career and internship opportunities, work environment, and culture. Students should be prepared with questions about position or internship found on Handshake, resume style, cover letter format, application process, or anything regarding working at Stockman Kast Ryan. Undergraduate Seniors working toward a bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (concentration in Tax a plus) or Graduate students working toward a Master's in Taxation or Master's in Business Administration (concentration in Accounting) are highly encouraged to explore this unique opportunity.*** To sign up for a career consultation you must email UNM Career Services, Employer Relations Specialist, Victoria Kirikos at email@example.com to schedule a time that will work best for you. The deadline to sign up for a time slot is on Thursday, December 9th at 4:00PM MDT. ***More Information...
- NOW WHAT?! Transitioning From College to CareerWED, DEC 15, 2021, 12:00 PM (Zoom)
Zoom from your Room! https://unm.zoom.us/j/94368579315
- Air Force Civilian Service Information SessionTHU, JAN 27, 2022, 12:30 PM (MCM 1010)
Come meet with Air Force Civilian Service representatives and learn about their job opportunities for current and graduating students!
UNM Professional Development Workshops
Visit the UNM Career Services web site to view and access upcoming workshops: https://career.unm.edu/events--workshops/upcoming-workshops.html