Internship for Credit 101
Anderson Career Services staff is ready to help you find an internship, explain the process for receiving 3 hours of academic credit for your internship and help you maximize your experience!
Internship for credit can be pursued for free elective credit. Free Elective credit can apply towards remaining free electives needed to complete the student's degree program.
Internship Requirements and Policies
- An important element that distinguishes an internship from a short-term job or volunteer work is that an intentional "learning agenda" is structured into the experience.
- To allow for adequate job development, students should begin the internship process at least one semester prior to the semester in which they intend to participate.
- Intern must work at least 160 hours during the semester to receive 3-hour course credit.
- The internship must be related to the student's concentration area.
- Students are required to register for the internship for credit course (either MGMT 497/MGMT 697) once approved in order to receive credit.