Internship and Job Search
Conducting an effective internship and job search requires students to take initiative and be proactive in their own career development. The Student Development Center team can discuss ways in which you can stand out and differentiate yourself and remind you to be resilient and adaptable if your first plan does not come together. We encourage you to start your search early and utilize all the tools at your disposal. If you’re not sure where to start or just want some pointers, create an account on Handshake, drop-in during ASM Professional Development hours, schedule a Career Advisement Appointment with UNM Career Services, or come to one of Anderson’s many career-related events.
What is Handshake?
Handshake is UNM's career portal and on-campus recruiting site where employers post internships, jobs, interviews, and recruitment events specifically for UNM students and alumni. Users are able to update their profile interests to receive industry specific information and can upload up to 10 documents, which can include targeted resumes and cover letters to simplify apply for positions within Handshake.
How to find internship opportunities in Handshake:
- Log into Handshake at unm.joinhandshake.com using your UNM NetID and Password.
- From the top menu bar select Jobs > Internship > (Optional) Filter by Work Authorization, Industry, Major, Location, etc.
Below are the current position postings that have been posted by employers on UNM's Handshake. Please log in to Handshake to view and apply.
Join the Anderson Career Development Listserv
Get internship/job opportunities and professional development events delivered straight to your inbox by subscribing to our listserv.
How to Join the Listserv
- Login to the UNM Listserv website.
- Search for the ASMCAREER-L listserv.
- Click the hamburger menu on the right side of the screen and choose “Subscribe or Unsubscribe".
- Fill in your name and click Subscribe.